Guidelines in Pathology for Senior year Students
Here are your Guidelines for Senior Year for Students in Pathology.
2 months of Internal Medicine or Surgery is strongly recommended. You should include the ICU requirement as part of your Sub-I.
One month should be on the Clinical Pathology (001CLNL.U) rotation. This should preferably be completed before September 1 of your M4 year to allow for a recommendation. Students may elect to do an additional month that may include research, a sub-specialty area of this subject (e.g. hematopathology) or Pathology at another institution.
Additional Recommended Electives:
- Internal Medicine sub-specialties including GI, Infectious Disease, Hematology and Pulmonary Medicine.
- Oncology (Internal medicine, Pediatric or Ob-Gyn)
- Research elective in area of interest. Can be basic science, translational or clinically focused including outcomes research (doesn’t have to be Pathology).
- International Rotation elective
- Courses that would compliment your career choice:.
- Resident as Teacher (102EDUR.U)
- Leaders and Administrators (001 ADMR.U)
To read rest of the article submit your email below:
[download file=”https://medicalschoolblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Pathology.pdf” title=”Guidelines for Senior Year for Students in Pathology”]